JTC 2016 IS CLOSED
(Deadline: 11 of April 2016 at 12.00 CET)
JPI More Years Better Lives Joint Transnational Call for Proposals (2016) for
“Welfare, Wellbeing and Demographic Change: Understanding Welfare Models”
Proposal Submission Platform
The Joint Transnational Call 2016 is opened with the objective of enabling a better coordination of national, European and Canadian R&D programmes and activities relevant to Demographic Change in order to address the most urgent and demanding challenges defined in the Strategic Research Agenda (SRA), developed under the EC funded Coordination and Support Action J-AGE II. The aim of the call is to support research which will improve the understanding of how different approaches to welfare secure the quality of life, especially on older people. The objective is to develop comparative perspectives on “welfare models”, and the ways in which they are changing, drawing on the great diversity of approaches to welfare across Europe and Canada. A better understanding of these differences can help policymakers to identify potential ways of meeting needs, as their own models evolve in response to changing demographic pressures and circumstances. Because welfare models involve a complex interaction of public, private and voluntary activity, understanding them, their impact and the ways in which they are changing, will draw on expertise from many academic disciplines. Therefore proposals shall have an interdisciplinary nature.
Funding organisations that have indicated their commitment in participating in the call:
- Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy (BMWFW), Austria
- Research Foundation Flanders (FWO), Belgium (Flanders)
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) and Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), Canada
- Academy of Finland (AKA), Finland
- The French National Research Agency (ANR), France
- The Israeli Ministry of Science Technology and Space (MOST), Israel
- Italian Ministry of Health (MoH), Italy
- Ministry of Education, Universities and Research (MIUR), Italy
- The Research Council of Norway (RCN), Norway
- Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT), Portugal
- Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (MINECO), Spain
- National Institute of Health Carlos III (ISCIII), Spain
- The Netherlands Organisation for Health Research and Development (ZonMw), The Netherlands
- Belgian Science Policy Office (BELSPO)
The call is expected to be opened simultaneously by the participating funding organisations in their respective countries.
Interested applicants are encouraged to initiate scientific contacts with potential project consortium partners for applications, and to contact their respective national contact points.
National Funding Rules
Check the table below for the national funding regulations that apply to your country.
|AUSTRIA||ITALY-MoH |Mandatory_pre-eligibility form|
|BELGIUM (Flanders)||ITALY – MIUR (updated 21.02.2016)|
|FRANCE (updated 07/04/2016)||SPAIN – ISCIII (updated 29/03/2016)|
|ISRAEL||SPAIN – MINECO|
Downloads of documents related (updated: 07/03/2016): CALL TEXT
Joint Call Secretariat
National Institute of Health Carlos III (ISCIII)